How did you first get involved in your sport?
I first became interested in archery whilst on holiday with my family. I enjoyed it so much that I asked my Mum if I could try it when we got back home. For my 8th Birthday, I had a taster session at my local club. I then undertook a beginner’s course and started shooting. I really enjoyed shooting and knew it was something I wanted to do. Within a year I was competing for my County and achieved my Junior Master Bowman Classification at just 9 years of age.
What are your goals and ambitions?
My goals and ambitions are to have the opportunity to represent GBR at the World and European Youth Championships and to go on to represent my Country at the 2028 Olympic Games.
What does a typical week look like for you?
A typical week in my life is to shoot around 1000 arrows. I train to build up my strength, I do yoga sessions, prehab workouts, cardiovascular workouts and bow drills and band work all alongside my school work and of course a little downtime.
What is your best archery moment?
Being offered a place at the National Age Group Academy at just 10 years of age.
What do you do in your free time?
My training takes up a lot of my free time, but I do enjoy watching films and spending time with my family. I also play netball for my school team.
What do you enjoy the most about being a sportsperson?
It provides me with new opportunities, new situations and meeting new people. It teaches me to be focused, determined and gives me the confidence to push harder and work harder as an individual and as part of a team, with my coach, team-mates and opponents. It provides me with strategies to take with me in everyday life to make me a better Athlete/person.
List of achievements
- Under 12 Junior Ladies Indoor National Champion 2018, 2019
- U12 Junior Masters Recurve Ladies Champion 2018, 2019
- UK Junior Masters Top Scoring Ladies Champion 2019
- Double Gold Medallist U12 Junior Ladies Outdoor National Championships 2019
- Double Silver Medalist U12 Junior Ladies Outdoor National Championships 2018
- Leicestershire and Rutland Junior Ladies Outdoor County Champion 2018, 2019
- EMAS Inter-Counties top scoring Junior Ladies Champion 2018, 2019
- Gold medal Mixed Cubs at AGB Key Stage 2 2019
- Individual Silver medal in open cub event AGB Key Stage 2 2019
- Individual Silver Medal at the AGB Youth Festival 2019
- Silver medal at the International Mix Cubs event at the AGB Youth Festival 2019
- Equalling National Record in Metric V scoring: 1377
- National record for Bristol V scoring: 1284
- National Record Long Metric V scoring: 681
- National Record 20m 122cm-Metric scoring 350
- National Record Metric 122-30 scoring 653
- Hinckley and Bosworth Young Sports Person of the Year 2018, 2019
- Finalist in Leicester Mercury Sports Awards 2018, 2019