What got you into shooting
Having taken part in an archery taster session on holiday in Egypt I was hooked. I kept asking my parents for a bow to shoot with in the garden. I was given an Archery GB beginners course for Christmas at a local club instead. I completed the beginners course in January and joined my club (Bowmen Of Burleigh) in April 2018. I took part in several competitions over the 2018 summer and picked up individual and team medals at them.
What are you goals and ambitions?
- Obtaining my Junior Master Bowman rating in 2020.
- To continue to grow with my coaching and after NTDP / ATC.
- Putting my coaching into practice and continually improving my technique and building my strength.
- I hope to be invited for profiling at Lilleshall again and be selected for the Archery GB Academy.
- Shoot at Orangery level in a final at YouthFest.
- Continue to enjoy the sport
What was your best archery achievement?
- Shooting a 6 gold end at my first major outdoor competition in April 2019.
- Achieving Bowman rating in my first full year.
- Shooting 50m for the first time on a Thursday then travelling to Lilleshall on Friday for YouthFest where I had to shoot 50m all week. I had to invert my sight to reach 50m but did it and managed to help my team win bronze at the mixed team cub match.
- Being invited to Profiling with Archery GB at Lilleshall for my first full year of shooting.
- Shooting my first 500 Portsmouth winter 2019/2020.
- Being sponsored with Aim4Sport within 18 months of starting Archery.
Do you do anything outside of Archery?
I play netball for my local club and school team.
Dancing, I have been doing Ballet since I was 4 and have been doing Modern and Tap since I was 6.
What’s the best part of archery for you ?
I’ve made some great friends through archery, I love competing and pushing myself to improve. I really enjoy travelling up to Aim4Sport for my coaching, NTDP and ATC.
What are you current achievement’s.
- Berkshire Indoor U12 female champion 2018
- Berkshire Outdoor U12 female champion 2019
- Berkshire Outdoor recurve team 2nd place 2019
- Surrey Visitor Recurve runner up 2019
- YouthFest 2019 Cubs mixed team 3rd place
What do you enjoy the most about being a sportsperson?
Being focused and driven I like to see the positive results of the effort myself and my coach have put in.
Being a sportsperson helps me build my resilience and enables me to learn from all the events I do.
It helps me keep my body and mind in a good condition.
What is your current training program (Arrows a day, gym sessions etc etc.)
Over the summer I tend to shoot Monday/Tuesday and Thursday plus completions at weekends. I averaged around 400-500 arrows a week with the highest being just over 1000.
In the winter the club shooting is on a Sunday, however I shoot in to a boss in the garage 3-4 times a week aiming for 400-500 a week
I have PE at school 3 hrs a week, dancing 1hr a week, netball at least 1-2hrs a week plus my strength and conditioning which I do at my local gym