What got you into shooting?
I got into shooting from inspiration from my Grandad at a very young age( He bought me a little compound bow when I was born!). On my 7th birthday, I got bought my second bow and from that day on I have loved it. I joined my club (Bowmen of Burleigh) at the age of 8, and from then I have grown to become a better archer.
What are your goals and ambitions?
My goals are:
- Continue to grow and develop with my coach
- Continue to shoot more times a week
- Continue to improve my technique
- To get invited for profiling again and get selected for the academy
- Represent GB at an international competition
- Shoot for England at youth fest
Best archery achievement?
- National record
- Berkshire archery Junior Lady Award
- Lots of county records
- Won my age group every year for the Berkshire Indoor and Outdoor champs
- Came 4th at the Outdoor Junior Nationals 2019
- 568 Portsmouth 2018
- 2nd at the Masters first time shooting 60m 2019
- Having the honour to gain sponsorship from Aim4sport
- Being selected to shoot for Berkshire
What’s the best part of archery for you?
The best part of archery for me is continuing to grow and get better at the sport. I have also made lots of friends from doing the sport, which is great as when I go to completions I have a friendly face there. I really enjoy going up to aim4sport every other week to get coaching from my coach Dave. I also travel up to aim4sport to attend NTDP and ATC.
What do you enjoy most about being a sports person?
I enjoy being a sports person because I like to see the end results of my shooting and get a sense of achievement. When doing this sport it has helped me to learn from the mistakes I have made during a competition or even training and it is good to get the support from my coach, club and family.
What is your current training program (arrows and gym sessions a week)?
In the summer I usually shoot 3-4 times a week, on a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at the club and then on a Thursday I travel up to aim4sport depending if I have coached that week or not. I also shoot on the weekend down at the club or attend a competition if I have one that week.
However, in the winter I was shooting less as I could only shoot at the weekend or when I was going to see my coach. But when I wasn’t shooting I was going to the gym and doing all my strength and conditioning. But now I have a target so I am shooting a lot more.
I complete all my strength and condition around 3 times a week.
Do you do anything outside of archery?
When I’m not doing archery I like to spend a lot of time with my friends and family. I also enjoy going to the gym either by myself or with a friend. Otherwise I spend the rest of my time doing schoolwork and archery!