Archery GB County Coaching Course
An Archery GB County Coach Course is planned to be held at Aim4Sport starting in September 2019 with assessment in October / November 2020
Level 2 coaches who are interested in this course should register their interest by Mid-August at the latest with the organiser Dave Leader.
A Course information leaflet is attached. Potential Candidates who would like to discuss their suitability to undertake this course should contact the Lead Tutor, Malcolm Penn, or the Course organiser, Dave Leader as soon as possible.
Course Ref number – 19 – CC – 04
Please click on the following link for an Introduction to County Coach Training
Lead Tutor – Malcolm Penn
Telephone: 07766 086 190 / 01707 332 325
Course Administrator – Dave Leader
Telephone: 07501 506 347
Planned Course Dates 8 Places available
- Day 1 – 29th September 2019
- Day 2 – 3rd November 2019
- Day 3 – 1st December 2019
- Day 4 – 5th January 2020
- Day 5 – 2nd February 2020
- Day 6 – 1st March 2020
- Day 7 – 5th April 2020
- Portfolio check 6th Sept 2020
- Assessment – 31st October, 1st November 2020 (TBC)
Eligibility / Suitability
- Candidates must be current Archery GB members who hold an up to date Level 2 Coach certificate.
- Candidates should have gained some experience working as a level 2 coach and undertaken some CPD to improve their capabilities.
- Candidates who have recently passed their Level 2 assessment should been given a recommendation to undertake a County Coach course by their Level 2 assessor and should discuss their suitability with the course staff before applying to join the course.
- Ideally all candidates should have a Senior Coach mentor, however help can be provided in finding a suitable mentor by the course staff.
- All candidates will be required to take part in a formal interview prior to acceptance on the course and may be asked to complete a short paper after the interview. The interviews are likely to be held using SKYPE. Interviews will be held in late spring or the summer at mutually convenient times.
If you would like to apply to undertake this course please complete the attached application form. Please click here for Application form. Send a completed copy of the form through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be notified of their acceptance onto the course on completion of the interview and any paper they are requested to write.
The fee for the course will be £600. Arrangements for paying the course fee will be provided when candidates are accepted onto the course.
It should be noted that course fees will only be refunded in exceptional circumstance up to the start date on the course. No refunds will be available after the course has commenced.
The course will be carried out at the following address.
Aim4sport Training Centre Ltd
Unit 2 Phoenix Park
Tel: 01767 699991
If you want to find us the old fashioned way, please click on Google map link
If you are using SATNAV please use the following post code:- SG19 1PR
(Tea, Coffee, Fruit Squash, and Biscuits) will be provided over the 2 days; however each of the attendees will need to bring their own lunch.
Aim4sport Training Company or any other associated business to Aim4sport will not cover any loss of accommodation if the candidate books a “non refundable room” This cost is booked at the risk of the candidate.
Days Inn Garden Court Sandy – Bedford Girtford Bridge | London Road |Sandy | Bedfordshire SG19 1DH United Kingdom
(Tel:) +44 (0) 1767 692220 Fax: +44 (0) 1767 680452
Please quote “aim4sport” when you book to receive the above mentioned rates.
1 night package
Friday or Saturday
£57.00 per room (Weekday [Monday to Thursday] costs will be £70 per night)
Bed and Breakfast
The Guinea Pub, Bedford Rd, Moggerhanger, Bedford, MK44 3RG
(Tel:) +44 (0) 1767 640388 – John & Deanna Ellis
Great local food and drink
We are thrilled to be the new landlords at The Guinea, a wonderful village pub located in rural Bedfordshire between Bedford and Sandy. We previously ran the Sondes Arms in Rockingham Northamptonshire where we built up a strong local trade and a high quality food offering.
We’re going to use our experience to continue creating a lively local pub for the village that will also be popular with diners from further afield. We know that customers expect and deserve high standards so refurbishments have been made throughout the pub and the kitchen. Including improvements to the seating in the restaurant bar, new carpeting, a complete makeover of the kitchen and the return of draft beer pumps to the refurbished Guinea bar.
If you have longish hair can you make sure you have something to tie it back with. Also, if you could advise of any injury that you or the attendee’s may be suffering from, this will allow the tutors to take into account to give all applicants the best experience possible.